Listen to the whole episode here.
A girl walks into a drugstore. Streams of blood flow down her forehead. Jennifer Dash is in Lake Charles, Louisiana, and she hasn't solved the world yet. Not hardly.
Passing the cashier, a young man by the name of Atticus Further (we'll meet him in full in just a minute), Jenn held her hand over her head wound so as to not reveal her geyser to onlookers.
The store was abandoned. Jenn was alone (except for young Atticus, of course), but more to the point, Jennifer Dash felt alone. Being a delightful, charming, charismatic, attractive, tall and lively young lady, loneliness didn't suit her. It was uncomfortable to say the least. And it made her light-headed... or those feelings just came due to loss of blood. Who's to say? Blood seeped down between Jenn's fingers, paving its own trail and streaking down her arm like Gothic art.
"Infinite Jest" by David Foster Wallace
Published by Little, Brown and Co.
*Note: "Infinite Jest" is without a doubt, the longest book I've ever read. I read it four years ago and still haven't gotten over it. The novel and Wallace's work in general continues to haunt me --- in a way I haven't quite come to terms with yet.
Music & Sound Effects Attribution:
All sounds and music were found under Creative Commons licenses.
- Episode 19: Portrait of a Lady by King Imagine & Pankifared
- Sunset by Evgeny Grinko
- Cylinder Three by Chris Zabriskie
All three of these artists have really great music. Check them out!
- Dramatic Tension by AaronGNP
- Creepy Church Bell by Aeonemi
- Sigh3 by K1m218
- Tom's Effect 01 by sandyrb
- cm003 monastery phrase 3 by Robinhood76
- Anime Style Soundscape - In The Hills Copyright © 2014 Grant Stevens by soughtaftersounds Website: varazuvi.com
- Tropical Musical Sound & Tropical Musical Sound 1 Copyright © 2014 Grant Stevens by soughtaftersounds Website: varazuvi.com
- Laughing by bvaudio
- Kalimba Geigercounter by Speedenza
- Kocking door and open door by rivernile7